Topic: ATARI DOS & Online Manuals

I have been playing with the ATARI emulators on and off for months.  (OK. I have mostly been playing the games!)  Anyway, I am trying to scrap away 20 years of dust from my memory and reaquaint myself with ATARI BASIC and DOS.  The problem I am having is if I load the BASIC ROM, I don't have a disk drive  available to save programs.   Or, I get the continuous "BOOT ERROR" across the screen.  I remember in the old days long ago, that this was caused by not having a boot disk.    Does anyone know the solution with these emulators?

Second thing, does anyone know of a site that you may download the old owners manuals -- or at least the text files! -- so you can understand how to play the more complex games like OGRE?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/ondrej/www/atari/punBB/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/ondrej/www/atari/punBB/include/parser.php on line 791

Re: ATARI DOS & Online Manuals

Mybe you can find some answers here. -> http://www.atariarchives.org/basic/
or here -> http://www.atariarchives.org/dere/chapt10.php

Thanks for that wonderful link!    I have been looking for a copy of ATARI ROOTS (et al).

Do you know where I can get a copy of either the ATARI Assembler or MAC/65 in a atr file?

Do you program in ATARI BASIC?   How can you enable the disk drive and ATARI Basic cart so you can save programs?  I have read over the HTML page about the ATARI++.conf file, but I have not found a way to have ATARI Basic boot and the disk drive:  I get the "BOOT ERROR".  Now, that tells me that it's trying to emulate booting DOS from a 810/1050 drive.   I am temporarily stumped in how to get it to have a DOS/BASIC emulation. 

Thanks, again.

I can advise a good site on which there is a lot of useful information on the issue that interests you. just follow https://au.pro-papers.com the link and advise your friends